Review your business
To maintain a competitive edge, a regular review of your business structure is good practice. Innovative restructuring covers a wide range of core components including
- Product mix or service
- Marketing strategy – digital platforms
- Staffing/organisation structure
- Accounting and payroll systems/finance
- Networking/stakeholder communications
- Cashflow, working capital and liquidity
All of these core components should be continually assessed in business and from time to time fundamental change may be required. Dunedin Advisory can assist with the review of the above and help you implement an action plan appropriate for your business.
Why is restructuring required?
Restructuring can be required for:
- Planned change in ownership
- Separation of business divisions or service lines into distinct business entities
- Succession planning
- Future protection from possible previous actions
- Removal of non-profitable parts of the business and/or an exit from onerous commitments
- Change in staff roles and responsibilities
- Legislative changes impacting on your business/trade
- Becoming investor ready
- Improve business profitability
- Implement continuous improvement and keep up-to-date with new technology/digital advances
- Lead towards a future sale of your business
- To incorporate an exit strategy
Restructuring is a healthy mechanism generally without any insolvency, however if any aspect of the business is insolvent, then a restructuring plan can include the use of a formal appointment in a positive manner.
Where we help you
Our team have extensive experience working with SME (small and medium-sized enterprise) business owners to support forward business planning, and implementation of the necessary actions.
If the structure of your business no longer suits your trading or shareholder aspirations or if you simply want to improve your business and you would like more information on the options leading to structural change, our team can:
- Review your current business structure, financial commitments and ongoing trading requirements
- Identify the options that may suit your requirements, setting out the advantages and actions required
- Assist in the implementation of structural change
- Support you communicating your strategy with key stakeholders
How we can help
We will help you assess your situation, explore your options, provide you with innovative solutions and advice to develop a robust action plan for you and your business. To arrange a free, no obligation consultation click here or call 01592 630085.
Free Options Review
Get in touch with us for a free, confidential discussion about your situation and your possible next steps. Please call us on 01592 630085, email email@example.com or fill in the form below.
Get free debt advice
To find out more about managing your money and getting free debt advice, visit Money Advice Service. It’s an independent, free and impartial service set up to help people manage their money.
Their website provides advice and guides to help improve your finances. It also features tools, such as calculators, letter templates and videos, to help you keep track and plan ahead.
The Money Advice Service also offers support over the phone and online.